JP Meeting Minutes
In attendance: Hanny, Jenny P, Jenny W, Lauren, Gabi, Bryce, Julia, Lea
- Wiki has superceeded the YaWHOI guide. Okay to remove the YaWHOI guide?
- Yes, send out links to new Wiki so everyone has access to it.
- Jenny W – Pending CBC dinner reservation. Sunday’s activity will be separate from EAPS. Thought there are three overlap students.
- JP student will spend the first half hour in a separate room to avoid hearing the EAPS admin introduction.
- Jenny W trying to organize some lab tours for AOP&E
- Gabi will meet kids at Inn at the Square when they get in.
- Show up at Grumpy’s on Monday!
- Party on Tuesday, show up! At 4 FR Lillie.
- Agree to give them some funds for snacks? Yes, $100.
- Clean up after party!
- Plenty of drivers signed up.
- 23 students coming
- Breakfast is 9 am – Reps are invited
- Voting on the nominees for Bio
- Nominations for at-large in process.
- Send out reminder emails.
- In May
- Sign up!
- Funding for this?
- Eshann and Chris Kingsley will be our GSC reps
- Let’s make this an unofficial position for reps, like the Kayak Czar? They need to be “elected” for the position by the JP reps.
- Add it to the documents with the responsibilities and instructions for other reps. - Hanny
- Megan should update it to include Eshan and Chris as GSC Reps
- And add Gabi as the Open House person
- They will be here next week.
- Some have voiced that they would have wanted subsidy for the t-shirts. The t-shirts also ended up being cheaper than expected.
- Should we send out poll about how much ppl would want subsidies in general for other swag and stuff? Vs using money for events.
- Would be good to remind ppl that you are able to apply for money for swag and other instruments, i.e. coffee makers, etc.
- Team lunch is on the 22nd.
- Meeting on the 21st at 11 am – Jenny W will fill in for Gabi.
- A meet the bio students seminar in April. Could I submit for funding for snacks?
- Could also ask JCBO to fund it, but since budget would be fairly small it doesn’t necessarily matter…
- Would WHOI be interested in him giving a talk?
- How to plan this?
- Might want to start with the information office person (Joanne).